Sunday 4 March 2012

Something About Him

This is huge.
This is new.
This is scary.
This is the unknown.

This is not my comfort zone.
This is the knowledge that I will grow
and knowing it is risky, scary and incredible all at once.
This is knowing I cannot do it on my own.

This is my adventure with God.


It seems that the more I learn about God the more I know I can trust Him, but I seem to scrawl back and withdraw and try still to do things on my own... am I crazy?  With a God who covers everything, who created everything, who knows everything... how could I ever try and do it alone.

Recently I was reading from Joshua, (1:1-9)  Its like the words jumped off the page at me, the more I read the deeper into my heart they penetrated and I knew this step in my adventure was about being courageous, not that namby pamby kind of filmy courage where you have to jump off a building and land on your feet, but the kind of courage that comes from the depths of your heart, the kind you didn't even know you had. It's possible that we don't know we have it, because we don't, it actually comes from the Creator of the universe, a pretty reliable source.

Tasks seem huge and I doubt too often that I am able, that I have enough vision, enough humour, enough character, enough strength, am I even good enough.
Then I realise its not about me at all and I continually make it about me, when its not.  God can do all things through me. That much I know, and that is what I cling to.

Courageous love.
Courageous vision.
Boldness.

Step up. Step out.


“A Christian is one who points at Christ and says, ‘I can’t prove a thing,

but there’s something about his eyes and his voice. There’s something

about the way he carries his head, his hands, the way he carries his cross ​— ​
the way he carries me.’ Frederick Buechner

No comments:

Post a Comment